Saturday, November 8, 2014

Bluetooth files from Android Samsung mobile to MacBook Pro OS X : Failed Request Rejected

I have successfully Bluetooth paired my Samsung S Advance mobile (visible to other devices) and my MacBook Pro laptop (OS X Yosemite).

I sent a test transfer from my Mac (a simple text file) and it was successful.
File transfer from my laptop to mobile is working as expected.


Then I tried to transfer a file from my Samsung mobile to my MacBook Pro laptop.

It failed saying Request Rejected by Mac (shown in bluetooth file transfer log in my mobile).


After Googling I found the answer.

You have to Enable Bluetooth sharing from sharing settings at System Preferences

Follow the steps as shown below via snapshots.

System Preferences -> Sharing -> turn on Bluetooth sharing



After retrying the file transfer was successful.


Hope this will save you from trouble and save your time... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment